Monday, November 23, 2009

Fun and Travels Along the Coast


Hey everybody! So as you know, the last couple weeks have been pretty full for me (although they have been quite enjoyable, so I certainly can't complain!). It started with my friend from Moody joining me here for 10 days. We were able to visit Rosario, the white beaches (picture on left), as well as check out all the different events from the holiday week that was taking place at the same time.
As you can see from my picture on the right, when a lot of Colombians gather in one place, like at this parade, things get a little out of control. :) This little girl was just some random girl I met there that turned into my arch-enemy in a huge shaving-cream war. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm pretty sure she won.

Also, just yesterday I left with James and Sandra to check out some other coastal cities that aren't too far away. So we arrived in Barranquilla last night (where James and I promptly went to a local pizza place with 2 HD-TV's and caught the Eagles-Bears game....to all my Chicago friends out there....HAHA!).
This morning James and I woke up bright and early and took a taxi-van thing to Santa Marta, where I was able to check out Colegio Cristiano La Esperanza, the Christian school that the group from Hilltown was able to help build 10 years ago or so (and as my dad was part of that group, I was very excited about this). So James and I had the opportunity to talk with them and get a tour of the school. We were both very impressed with the school and it's curricullum (especially that there is an American girl there teaching English through another missions organization). We think it would be very cool if we could manage to partner with them in some way, but just have a lot of praying and waiting to do to see where God leads. Tomorrow I will have the chance to see a little bit more of Barranquilla in the morning before we hurry back in time for our Tuesday English classes in Cartagena. Well, that's all for now...I just wanted to update you guys on the exciting news of being able to visit the school and everything like that. I will post more in the upcoming weeks with my travels to Bogotá and possibly some pictures of Barranquilla. As always, thanks for your prayers and God bless!! I'll leave you with one last picture of the school (as I understand you Hilltowners helped build the 3rd floor).

1 comment:

  1. Love your first picture. Looks like you're on vacation at like the most ritzy beach ever. Haha!

    Glad to hear that you've figured things out with where God wants you.

    ReplyDelete