Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hello Again

So wanna know something crazy? I've been here in Colombia for over a month already! Time flies when you're having fun, I guess. :) Anyway, sorry it's been a while since my last update. There has been a lot going on here, but most of it being somewhat political stuff about the professional team which has been pretty tough on James. So while it certainly does effect me (as one of my roommates, a player on the team, has been sent home and is being replaced by another player due to money/other reasons), it has been far more of a battle for James. So he could use a lot of prayer to stay encouraged in this ministry that he's doing.

As far as I'm concerned though - my first English class for the 144 Program is going to be this Tuesday (Lord willing)!!! I have spent the last couple weeks working on all the details of the program and preparing some curriculum for the classes, as well as visiting some local high schools to talk to administrators and basketball coaches about some kids I can work with. So yeah, some more prayer for the program in general and the classes more specifically would be great! :)

My schedule at this point looks pretty much like this....
  • Workouts every morning (9-12ish) either with Tyron (a 17 year old 6'9" kid) or with the professional team
  • The much-needed siesta every early afternoon after lunch :)
  • 144 Program work (Tuesday/Thursday English classes or workouts or prep work) from 4-6 in the afternoon
  • Either practice or game with the professional team every evening
  • Dinner very late after all that
  • Sleep
  • Repeat :)
Saturdays are pretty similar to that schedule and then Sundays are my day off (with only church and usually the beach scheduled in).
So there you have it. Welcome to my life here in Colombia! It's pretty great. :) Hope everyone is doing great back home. Thanks so much for your prayers, and they will continue to be very coveted. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. b -
    so excited for you, man. keep up the good work and diligence. looking forward to hearing how the english program goes!
    - timmy b

    ReplyDelete